Our "Scrappy" Friends!

Welcome!

Hello fellow scrapbookers!!! Welcome to "Lasting Memories" which is all about LAYOUTS!! Yes, JUST layouts! There are no cards allowed here. We have weekly themed challenges, but you have the whole month to get in on the fun! Our challenges begin each Sunday at 8am EST and all 4 challenges will end on the date listed on the sidebar at 6pm EST. At month's end, we will choose a GDT to join us for a month! Only one entry per challenge, and no back-linking is allowed since we would love to know that we "challenged" you. We look forward to challenging you and helping you get your pages completed!

Specialized Hosting Sites

A lot of crafters use specialized hosting sites that not all of us have access to. We just wanted to let you know that if we don't comment, it's because we don't have access - but we see your work here at LM and appreciate your taking the time to link up and show off your style!!

Sunday, August 30, 2015

LM #257 Mixed Media w/a BOLD title

Well we are officially almost in Sept so this is the start of our September challenges! This whole month our challenges will revolve around "Techniques and Titles" which should be a lot of fun! Our first challenge of the month is to do a layout using mixed media and we also want to see a bold title .. shouldn't be too hard right? We are super excited to see what you come up with!
EDIT:  We had a question about "What exactly is Mixed Media?"  And well we have an answer... :)

ANSWER:  
What, exactly, is mixed media? Ask a dozen people to describe it and you'll get twelve different answers. Ask the same people again a few months later and the answers might have changed and evolved. There isn't a one-size-fits-all definition. 

So with that said... Mixed Media is basically using all kinds of different products or things on your layouts besides just paper.  So Paints, inks, twine, metal embellishments, glitter, chipboard, die-cuts, up-cycled things, crayons, pencils... just about anything you can think of and chances are you have been doing a little bit already.  

I hope that helps!!
We also have some AWESOME news! We have a new member to our team! Please give a warm welcome to Wendy!
My Photo
Welcome to the team Wendy!

We also have our Guest Designer for the month! Please give another warm welcome to Carolyn - a fellow Canadian :-)

Hello! My name is Carolyn and I live in Winnipeg, Canada. I'm a mom to a fun four-year-old girl who gives me more than enough photos and topics to scrap. I began scrapbooking when she was born as a way to give myself a break and to document our family's journey. I just recently discovered scrapbook challenges and blogging and I'm hooked! I'm learning so much it is hard to define my style as I'm trying out all these new techniques but if I had to choose, paper piecing is my favourite so far.

I'm very excited to be guest designer this month. I created this layout as my daughter and all her friends are obsessed with Frozen. She was so excited when Elsa showed up to her friend's birthday party. I'm so happy I was there to see it and take pictures.

I used a glitter paper from Martha Stewart Essentials for the border, the letters and snowflakes. The letters I sprayed with Mister Huey's opaque white paint to give it a more frozen look. The snowflake paper is from Basic Grey: Eskimo Kisses. I used a Marvy, Martha Stewart and Stampin' Up punch for the snowflakes. The light blue shimmer paper is from DCWV: Solid Glitter Blue. I used this to outline the letters and make some snowflakes. I found the letters didn't pop off the background so I added some black ink around the edges. The larger white snowflakes are from Recollections. I chopped the circles off of them and used them around the layout. The ribbon, photo corners and gems are from Dollarama:) Finally, I used an old greeting card for some snowflakes and the border to the textbox.

Let's get rockin'!!!

September GDT - Carolyn



Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you find time to create with us this week!


3 comments:

Cheryl Even said...

Looks like an interesting challenge. Could you please give us your definition of mixed media? I want to play along but am not sure what I should be going for with this challenge!

Michele said...

Cheryl... I just updated the blog post about what Mixed Media is. :) Hope that helps. ~Michele

Cheryl Even said...

Thanks for the clarification. Can't wait to play!

Related Posts with Thumbnails