Our "Scrappy" Friends!

Welcome!

Hello fellow scrapbookers!!! Welcome to "Lasting Memories" which is all about LAYOUTS!! Yes, JUST layouts! There are no cards allowed here. We have weekly themed challenges, but you have the whole month to get in on the fun! Our challenges begin each Sunday at 8am EST and all 4 challenges will end on the date listed on the sidebar at 6pm EST. At month's end, we will choose a GDT to join us for a month! Only one entry per challenge, and no back-linking is allowed since we would love to know that we "challenged" you. We look forward to challenging you and helping you get your pages completed!

Specialized Hosting Sites

A lot of crafters use specialized hosting sites that not all of us have access to. We just wanted to let you know that if we don't comment, it's because we don't have access - but we see your work here at LM and appreciate your taking the time to link up and show off your style!!

Sunday, July 10, 2022

LM #607 - Opposites Attract - New and Old

Hello, hello! Welcome back to Lasting Memories. We are so happy that you have stopped by today! July is moving right along and it is time for a new challenge.

For July our theme is "Opposites Attract" and it's all about including opposites on your layout. This week DT member Tracey is challenging us to use something new and something old on our layouts.

LM #607 - Create a layout with new and old. It might be a newborn with an older relative or comparing an old look with a new one or using both old and new products. 

Here are the wonderful layouts from the design team, starting with our guest designers:

July GDT - Jill

For something old I used my creative memories cutting system (that I bought in 2008)-to cut and mat my photos. For something new, I included pictures of the newest member of our family-my grandson.

July GDT - Jessica

I used Heidi Swapp's new Sun Chaser collection with old embellishments.


July GDT - Jamie

I used paper from a new collection kit from Echo Park called Summertime and all of my embellishments are older from my stash.



For my new, it’s the first time my son presided over the court of honor as a senior patrol leader and the old is all of the uniforms hanging behind the boys.  The shirts are the scoutmaster and assistant scoutmasters from when they were boys.


And the wonderful layouts from the design team:

Deanna

I used then and now photos of sweet grandson Brady. 


Tracey

I used a photo of my son (new to reading) and his grandfather


Sandy

I used now and then photos of my grandsons in the pool!




So much beautiful inspiration to get you started! Now it is your turn - link up your layouts to the linky below by Saturday, July 30th at 6 PM Eastern Time for a chance to be our guest designer for an upcoming month and for a chance at this month's prize - a $15 gift certificate to an online store of choice:

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! We can't wait to see what you create!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails